8.09.2012

Star Struck for a baby boy

It's been a busy summer of finishing up tops and creating new quilts. I keep trying to use stash before buying anything new and this baby quilt is almost completely from stash. It's another Bonnie Hunter pattern - Star Struck - check out Quiltville.com for the pattern. I love orange and blue together and hope it will work for a boy, who is due next month.

I've been using Bonnie's scrap system for a while, so just had to pull out strips and start cutting. 
 In the borders I tried pebble quilting, also known as bubble quilting, which was easy, but uses a ton of thread. Still working on keeping my stitch length even and smaller. The orange border was purchased new for this quilt. Can you see the tiny green and blue border with gold stars? It was part of a fat quarter.
The backing was given to me and probably has a bit of polyester in it, but it has the colors that are supposed to appeal to new babies.
 This is such an easy pattern that can be made in any size. Give it a try!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear from YOU!